Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So Much for Summer Bliss...


We've reached that point of time during the summer, when mom (me) has had ENOUGH of the kids having vacation... They have had some small road trips, company from out of town and out of state, lots of sun, fun and water, not to mention chicken 'herding' and bug gathering... But currently their patience is running thin for one another and I don't know how much more whining and screaming at one another that my ears can take... SO! "Mean-Momma" that I am, I've pulled out the books! I figured that a little reading and writing can't hurt anyone... they will beg to differ... nonetheless, today will be a "summer-school" day... I told them that it's that, or they can get busy on cleaning their l o n g past due bedroom...


Next week they'll get another break, as they spend it at our parish summer camp, and then we'll go from there. What is REALLY amazing though is how WELL they get along with one another when they know I have planned a school day for them. They will play just as nice and quietly together as any mother could EVER dream! "Please" and "thank you's" included!! I know their game though. They figure the nicer and quieter they are to one another, I just might forget about those books and pencils.... : ) Sneaky kids.... But I'm on to them... I WILL, though, try my best to find some "fun" school activities to work on... perhaps a summer "play"... : )

No comments: