Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Birthday...

Today is my birthday... the Feast of the Holy Name of Jesus! I had a pretty nice day too... Greeted this morning with laughs, and kisses from my husband and kids after the baby and I got to sleep in for a little bit (8:30) then a late breakfast before hubby took the kids with him in shifts to get the gifts... he took the boys with him to get my new rooster... lolol... I know... call me crazy! We just got rid of a BUNCH of roosters! lolol... But this one is a little banty rooster... a "silky"... the kind with the "furry" feet... and he's SO adorable! he only makes a little crow : ) My little banty hen "Dominique" likes him! Can't say the same for the bigger hens, who were more than a little annoyed with his presence... I'm hoping that they'll learn to take him in and not hurt him... we've kept a close eye on them all day...

Gift number two was a beautiful necklace with a medal of St. Ann, patron of mothers and home makers... and then hubby took the girls to get the birthday cake... carrot, my favorite! : ) all in all in was a good day... We are going to breakfast in the morning with my mom and sister and nephew. God is good. I am SO blessed... I think 43 is going to be a good year.... : )

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Em!!! What great presents, and such a pretty cake!!