Tuesday, February 16, 2010

FAT Tuesday...


Happy Fat Tuesday, everyone!

That said, I have to say that I am really looking forward to Lent this year.... with all the chaos of house hunting, moving, schooling, kids, life, etc... I am REALLY looking forward to de-cluttering life for a few weeks... slowing down a bit, re-prioritizing and remembering what's REALLY important... Giving up all the "little distractions" that keep me from focusing on Truth and spending more time with my Lord, my husband and my kids...

"But Lee" you say... "You homeschool! how or WHY would you want to spend MORE time with your kids?!... lol... " But that's just it... again, I get SO involved in getting their school put together, having them get their school done, getting chores done, etc...(all well and good goals... ) but we have lost some of the "fun" that homeschooling really should have... so, I've decided that I need to work on that.... Then we all are going to be taking a little more time to draw closer together in prayer and to Jesus, because I really think He's missed that from us... : )

So, I will be stopping in now and again, filling you all in on our journey through the desert as we kick off this Lenton Season... We will be attending early Mass tomorrow morning...

I am wishing you all a blessed and fulfilling Lent!

No comments: