Monday, February 22, 2010

Yeesh! You'd think it was Lent!


....and to think I was SO READY for Lent to start! lol... Now, let's see... there have been the petty fights at my husband's workplace, that he'd really rather not be a part of.... and besides the usual end of the month, scraping the bottom of the barrel, I discovered Saturday morning that I forgot to register not one, but TWO payments in my check book, which resulted in THREE overdraft charges, so I rushed down to the bank to deposit the money I was able to scrape up (enough to cover everything... except the one check that was still out...) hoping to avoid a 4th overdraft charge (no such luck, the bank tells me.... gggrrrr...)

Then I was on the phone with our homeowners insurance broker trying to keep them from cancelling our policy because our roof didn't pass inspection, even though I told them that our roof was original when I found them during escrow... forwarding roofing contracts, trying to buy some time until we get our tax $$ back so we can get the work done, then opening our back curtains this morning to find our back yard fence completely flat from the rain and winds last night... now we knew why the dog didn't come right back in when she was let out to pee this morning... Welcome to home ownership!

Yet, amongst all this, Hubby and I have managed to get up and go to 6:30am mass every morning since Ash Wednesday. And just so I'm not the very WORST mom, I have even informed the kids that they will get up and go with us on Friday mornings : ). And as much as I am not a morning person, I have to say that it has made all of this much easier to handle, and I am so grateful for the quiet time with Jesus each morning to start my day...

That said, with everything going on in my own life, at Mass I can't help but put aside all my petty issues to lift up those who are really suffering, so much more than I.... I lift up those out of work, those without homes, or losing their homes, I pray for those with nothing to eat, I pray for all victims of abortion, I pray for the MANY broken families... the ones that I know of personally, and the many more that are out there... broken families break my heart....

Oh, I really do have so much to be thankful for... I really have been blessed in so many ways.... It is the season of Lent and I offer up all my little sufferings as I continue to wonder through the desert, searching to draw ever closer to Jesus, trying to understand, if even just a little bit, what it means to sacrifice for a greater good... Amen...

No comments: