Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What's for Dinner?


Dinner time is not a great time for me right now... I mean, I'm not a big fan of cooking, anyway, but evenings seem to be an especially nauseous/tired time for me these days.... But I was in the kitchen this evening preparing a London broil to put in the broiler when my soon to be 6 year old daughter came in to ask "what kind of meat are we having?", and already tired I know I probably sounded annoyed when I answered, "London broil." she hesitated for a moment and then asked, "No. I mean what kind of meat are we having?..." if I didn't sound annoyed the first time, I'm sure I did the second, "London Broil! What do you mean, what kind of meat? It's just meat!"... again, she paused with her arms stretched across the kitchen doorway standing on one foot as she swung her other leg/foot, in and out of the door, "No, mom. I mean what kind of meat are we having?! Is it cow?..." So now I had to laugh, because I knew what she meant... "Yes, #3, it's cow..."


"Oh. Okay." and she skipped down the hall to inform dad that I was making "cow" for dinner.


A few minutes later Hubby appeared at the kitchen door with a smile on his face to tell me that he had asked #3 what "Mommy was making for dinner".... he said that when he asked her she stopped and looked thoughtfully in to the air and said, "HHhhhmm... I'm not sure... it's meat." (this was before she had come to me...) and he asked her, "What kind of meat?" and she said, "I think it might be horse, but I'm not sure..." That's about the time she came down the hall to ask me! lol!! I don't recall EVER making 'horse' before, but #3 apparently thinks she's had it! Where DOES she get this stuff?...

No comments: