Saturday, March 6, 2010

How Calloused Does One Have to Be?...

I'm just wondering.... On one hand I think that the pro-life movement is gaining momentum by leaps and bounds, as more and more people become aware that that really is a life, a baby human, a beating heart inside the mother.... there are a lot of factors we can thank for that... answered prayer, former victims that are "Silent no more", advances in technology, etc... But sadly, the other side still exists... there ARE still those that fail/refuse to see the reality of killing the most innocent and vulnerable among us discounting it as a choice...

The latest outrage came from a new article written by abortion nurse turned pro-life advocate Jill Stanek . It was a about a young woman that decided to "demystify" others about what really takes place with an RU486 abortion by giving a play by play "tweet" about her own. I couldn't pull my eyes from it as I continued reading in disbelief.... But as Jill stated, I think the "lie" sold to this young woman about a "safe, easy at-home abortion" is really made evident... it wasn't easy at all... and the flip-ness of her attitude during the procedure that i got from her "tweets" was really an education for me as to the state of mind that these women have (it was just a lot of VERY uncomfortable cramping, and a heavy, heavy period that lasted WAY longer than she expected... and take notice of her final tweet...) It's sad, really... and it deepens my resolve to pray for them all the more...

No comments: