Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mom's are for crying on...


When any of my little ones (or the big ones...) are sad, or upset, crying... the one they inevitably go to is me... While I admit that it isn't always at the most convenient times for me... (Like at 2 o'clock in the morning and they've had a bad dream, or can't sleep, or sick or achy, whatever... the "mom-gene" inevitably kicks in and goes to "comfort mode". Nothing seems to soothe a fretting spirit like a hug and the listening ear of mom...

Today, it was MY turn... It was a long and restless night. Mind you, at 8 1/2 months pregnant, even rolling over in bed becomes a MONUMENTAL task... on top of that, there is the 2-4 times that i get up to use the bathroom, and last night it was combined with the baby waking 3 different times, whining and whimpering.. not sure if she got too hot, and then too cold, or what... and then #2 coming crying in to my room in between. The nights turned cold a couple of nights ago, so he went to bed in his "zipper jammies", got too hot, so he took them off. THEN he got too cold and couldn't find them again in the dark.... and his legs were cramping.... *sigh* and then Hubby was fighting some sinus issues and was snoring more than usual... WHY do these things have to happen on Saturday night, when we get up to go to early Mass on Sunday?... As it turned out, everyone had FINALLY settled down and was hard at sleep by the time we were supposed to be getting up... I couldn't wake them, or me, for that matter... We decided that we would wait and go to evening Mass.

After some sleep and breakfast Hubby started on his "kitchen renovations" and I headed for the boys room to get some work done and finish getting it cleaned up and out. Trying to get a "jump start" on my sisters' big "help out" next weekend... My Mom called late in the afternoon to hear how I was doing and I broke down... I'm so tired, and so ready for this baby to come, yet so NOT ready... my house is just NOT ready... there is so much more that needs to be done, that I would like to be done, and I'm just not getting around like I would like to... and the kids, well, the kids haven't been as "helpful" as I wish they would be... and I'm just tired of trying to get them to help... seems like I go from encouraging, to rewarding, to asking, to insisting, repeating, growing frustrated, angry, snappy, to all out mean... I just want to get this done and they just don't really "get" that I feel like I'm running out of time!!! ready or not THIS BABY IS COMING!!

Mom listened... Mom supported... Mom let me cry... sometimes, that's all that is really needed to help me suck it up and move on... it works for my kids most of the time, too...

No comments: