Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Change in Plans...

So, as it happens, I go in to see my doctor today, one last visit before surgery next Friday the 7th. I had told him that I really wasn't having a good day. I just wasn't feeling very good, it had been a crazy week, my brother in law was in the hospital and I was pretty much just "spinning"... My contractions were increasing, but nothing that had my body doing anything... Sam is still locked up tight...

After examining me, weight was the same, BP was 128/72, no protein, etc... he told me that he wanted to see what he could do about delivering earlier... though the problem was he was going to be gone out of town until Wednesday next week. I thought "well, I'm already scheduled for Friday, what difference would one or two days make?..." Anyway, he said he wanted to check and left me to get dressed. While he was gone I said a prayer, telling God, "You know what is going on with my family right now. You know what is best... You know I want to be available for my sister and nephew when I am needed most... Your will be done..."

About 2 minutes later the doctor popped back in and said, "How about tomorrow at 3:30?"

Wow... Sometimes God answers prayers VERY swiftly and still, quite unexpectedly... So, after a couple of phone calls, it was decided that we would go ahead and do this... My brother in law is fading... right now my sister is focused on her husband and his needs... and I'm thinking that this way I will be there for my sis and nephew when and if they need me most... It may all be just another product of God's perfect timing... from death into life...

So, I'll be off for a little bit, but please keep us all in prayer... for my brother in law to have a peaceful and happy passing from this life to the next, for my sister and her son to be surrounded with love and grace to sustain them through this dark time... and for a safe and happy surgery and delivery for myself and Sam... Thanks!

No comments: