Monday, February 23, 2009

A Mini Vacation

So, hubby and I decided that we wanted to take advantage of the nice weather predicted for the weekend (low 70's with clear skies) and take an impromptu trip North to the Zoo and the Metropolitan Museum. Now while the weather wasn't as clear as we had thought it would be, there was no rain on Saturday while we were at the zoo (yippee!!) and though we woke to rain on Sunday, the museum was inside, so no harm, no foul : ) We had a great little get away and came home to find FIVE eggs from my chickens! woo hoo! We have 5 hens, so one from each! They must have missed me! : ) Here are some pictures from our adventures! We really had a great time! The first one reminded me of the AT&T commercials that advertise "More bars in more places..." lol...

The only disappointment was not being able to meet up with an old priest friend of ours at Mass on Saturday evening. We learned at the beginning of mass that he had taken suddenly ill and was not able to attend. Being the only priest at his parish, reminded us of the need to continue to pray for more men to hear their calling to the priesthood....

Hubby and I were also reminded that it is important to take advantage of these simple moments with our children. They grow so fast... These pictures show me, especially how my 12, soon to be 13 year old son is going to be out and on his own before we know it, and probably before I'M ready! So I'm thankful we had this opportunity. God is good!






































































































1 comment:

Tammy said...

How fun!! Your kids are getting so big, I can't believe it. I have one of those 12 soon to be 13 yr olds too, and she has informed me that her birthday must be "cool" this year, lol.