Sunday, February 3, 2008

Let Me Call You 'Sweetheart'...

As usual, this morning, after Mass, we went to my mothers to make breakfast and spend some time with her. It's sort of our Sunday "tradition".... Then, we had a couple of errands to run before heading home for the day. On the way home the conversation in the car turned to the up coming St. Valentines Day. My oldest asked me if it was always on the same date every year, and I responded yes. He said, "what's it for?" I said, "What do you mean, 'what's it for?' ? It's for sweethearts! Do you have a sweetheart, Thomas??" He's 11 so he gave me a quick and definate "NO!" and my husband and I eyed each other... I teased him, "Well, it's not for you, then! Daddy and I are sweethearts, so it's a special day for US!" (now, all my kids know that we get them little chocolate valentines every year...) Rose, my 5 year old chimed up quickly, "I'm a sweetheart!" : )

Hubby and I had to laugh... "Yes, Rose, you ARE a sweetheart... and humble, too!" lolol...

No comments: