Saturday, March 7, 2009

Jesus in My Home...

5 And when Jesus was come to the place, looking up, he saw him and said to him: Zacheus, make haste and come down: for this day I must abide in thy house. 6 And he made haste and came down and received him with joy. (Luke 19: 5-6)

Something I am struggling with this lent... Do I see others as Jesus sees them? Am I doing ALL things for God/Jesus? Am I doing all in LOVE?... It is so easy for me to get caught up in to my everyday life. Hubby goes to work and I have my job... There are clothes to wash, kids/babies to feed, dishes to do, lessons to teach, diapers to change and a house that I must at least attempt to keep some amount of order to... It's easy for me to feel taken advantage of... So, I've decided that the trick is really to do as Jesus really taught us to do. See others as HE sees them, and ultimately to treat others as if they were Him (whatever you have done to the least of these, you have done unto me....). and isn't that really all he asks of us?... It isn't always easy, trust me, I know... but put in to practice, it really does help.... for that, I am grateful...


So, if you will excuse me, I'm off to do some of Jesus' laundry and try and decide what I'm going to make Him for dinner this evening... : )

No comments: