Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Devil Made Me Do It?....



My new COMPUTER made ME do it... it has turned me in to a nasty mean, mean person and made me VERY grumpy, besides... Whodathunk?...

I got everything hooked up and running, and so far, the BIGGEST obstacle has been straightening out our e-mail accounts, because APPARENTLY Outlook Express has been "upgraded" to Windows Mail... okay fine... spent the morning on the phone trying to figure out if and how to transfer my OE accounts to the new and "improved" (so they say...) Windows Mail...

After that was done, and I transferred the main email account and then the 3 sub accounts, I discovered that the mail FOR all four accounts would all go to one inbox... yeah... Microsoft said it was "safer" that way... well, needless to say, the other email account holders in our household were not happy about that... Oh, you could still SEND messages from the individual accounts, but all the incoming mail would have to be sorted through to find whose went to whom... (is that proper English?... probably not...)

Anyway, I ended up keeping just the one MAIN email address in the "new and improved" Windows Mail account and cancelling the other three sub accounts, so that those accounts can still be accessed through our Internet Provider... what a pain...

Other than that, I think that everything is good. I miss my pictures folders and will have to get some pics in there soon, and hopefully figure out how to retrieve them back! : ) Honestly, I have been so used to using our old computer that this all seems new to me, again! In the mean time I'm going to work on getting my attitude in check before there are any further casualties...

No comments: