Monday, July 28, 2008

Eternal Rest Grant Unto Him, O Lord...

When my husband and I moved in to our neighborhood 20 years ago we were the "yougin's". Most of our surrounding neighbors were original homeowners, older, established and the neighborhood was pretty quiet. As the years have passed, so have our elderly neighbors, and with only 2 of the originals still around, besides us, the homes have been refilled with younger families, and some of them not always so quiet and orderly... times have changed...

The house next door to us has been no exception. Over the past 8 or so years since the original owners passed away, there have been a number of renters rotating in and out. But there was one young family , about 4 years ago, that lived there for a couple of years. Very friendly and very good neighbors for the time they were here. My kids would call to him each and every time they would see him tinkering around out front. "Louis! Hey Louis! Hi Louis!" At the time, he and his young wife had a 4 or 5 year old daughter and a new born baby boy. He managed a local Chili's restaurant and she worked for a local grocery chain. The mom left me a big bag of clothes and shoes for my baby girl before they moved to another part of town almost 3 years ago.

That was pretty much the last I had heard of them, until the neighbor on the other side of me brought this to my attention this morning... Manager's last act at Chili's was to protect co-worker . It seems he made a good impression on just about anyone he came in contact with. God rest his soul... Apparently there was a third child born since they left... I used to tease the mom before they left that they had beautiful children and really did owe it to the world to have more... Such is the world we live in.... We know not the day or the hour that we will meet our maker... Please say a prayer for Louis' soul and for the young, beautiful family he has left behind... I can only imagine the grief...

No comments: