Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Week 31 and Counting...


So, I had another check up with the Doctor this morning. My BP was a terrific 117/80. BUT!! Apparently my blood sugar levels from my 3 hour glucose test last Friday came back elevated... They were mostly concerned with my level # when i first went in "fasting". I guess that 'normal' is 90, and mine was 118. Then, after i drank the glucose drink and my one hour and 3 hour blood draws were also slightly elevated. The second hour draw was fine... weird, huh?...


"Emily, have you had problems with your blood sugar with your previous pregnancies?"


"nope. Just my blood pressure, which, oddly, seems to be very good!" *sigh*


SO! Now I have to meet with the diabetic counselor so that she can educate me on diet, etc, and show me how to use the monitor that they are going to send home with me for a couple of weeks to monitor my blood sugar levels. My Doctor, kind and sweet man that he is, tried to reassure me that this was probably just 'normal' due to my age and my body just not processing the sugar like it used to... He suggested that exercising, walking or swimming more each day could be enough to regulate it. I will try that, as I haven't been doing as much as i should, and could do more... The only other thing that I could think of that may be causing a problem is my increase in eating fruit, in order to keep things "moving" if you know what I mean! lol!! And during these summer months we have had an abundance of peaches, plums, nectarines, grapes and banana's from friends and family... And apple season is JUST around the corner!!


So now I go back in three weeks for another ultra sound to check and make sure that Sam isn't becoming "MONDO" Baby, and see the doctor again. I guess my biggest worry, now is that I will have a MONSTER size baby... #2 was my biggest, at a whopping 8 lbs... I have friends, though, that have gotten gestational diabetes and delivered 9.5 - 12lb.-r's!! YIKES!! Sure don't want that!! Can you believe that i'm down to the final 9 weeks?...

No comments: