Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's Not About Me Anymore...


Something that I have been told, thought about, and have heard time and again and even repeated... When you have children, it's not about YOU anymore. Many anti-lifers will refer to those who have children as being selfish by putting so much strain on the environment etc... whatever... The truth is, when you have children it is hard to remain selfish. Children require that you give them pretty much every part of your time, attention and being in order to remain happy, healthy and alive...


Sometimes I find myself in a fog, or a funk... wondering where am I?... WHO am I?... I have been lost in the sea of "wife and mother"... But Jesus gave/gives me EVERYTHING in order to be reconciled with His Father and have salvation. In like fashion, Mary, His mother, OUR mother did for him and then GAVE Him (EVERYTHING she had) BACK to God her Father, in order for her spiritual children (that's us!) to be reconciled and have Salvation... It's not about me, anymore...

Such a contrast to societies thinking of today... I ran in to an old acquaintance at the grocery store a couple of nights ago... I say acquaintance... He is actually someone that I had butted heads with on more than one occasion... But, I hadn't seen or spoken with him in probably 6 years or more and simply smiled, and said "hi! how are you?" He, apparently wasn't as happy to see me, from the startled look on his face : ) Anyway! He managed a smile and shook my hand with a forced something about "letting bygones be bygones" and "time heals all wounds" before he asked if I was working, to which I said that I stay at home with our now 5 kids..." It was kind of funny how his face fell... then he stumbled out, "oh....... good?..." to which I laughed and said, "yes. It's good!" He said, "Well, then, good for you... if you say so... better you than me...." : ) But his reaction is SOCIETY'S typical reaction!!

By society's standards, our family of 5 plus two parents is a BIG family, even though there are some that have more, including the Duggers, they are far and few between... Just last night in my daughters First Communion CCD class I was speaking with another mom who has two boys telling another gal that she is past 30 and doesn't want any more children. I laughed when I said I was 43 and just had #5. She shook her head and said, "nope. no more for me... two's enough..." I tried to explain that two WAS hard, but three and four were no big deal... you have your mothering routine down pretty good by then... : )

How corrupt society has become when children are no longer seen as a blessing but a burden... and it's not this particular gal's fault, really... not completely... she is only repeating what she's heard, even, sadly, from a lot of Catholics... "2's enough, 3 is pushing it... global warming, hug a tree, kiss your dog but those kids... those kids you need to keep under control and if that means controlling how many, well... we have a WHOLE PLETHORA of solutions for you!! We got your pills, we got your devices of various sorts, we got your creams and concoctions, we got your abortion on demand, we got your tubal ligation's and vasectomies! What's your pleasure ?..." are you KIDDING me?! What's pleasurable about trying to fix something that ain't broke?! Fertility is NOT bad in any other sense... What would a tree-hugger do with in-fertile ground? or the animal lovers do with in-fertile animals?... What would we eat? or wear? or sleep on?... Yet if we continue to wipe out our own kind, our own species, be it through abortion or pills or contraceptives a-plenty, what or who are we saving the planet for?...

THIS is the backward thinking of our world today... A world where environment is placed at a higher place of importance than a person.... Where we are asked to "change the world" and "make it a better place" by exterminating ourselves.... Think it won't happen?... In the first few days of our New Presidency our Commander in Chief, under the cover of darkness has already rescinded the Mexico City Policy, forcing taxpayers to pay for that which many find morally abhorrent. Our country's House Speaker is saying that contraception is the answer to our current economy crisis... and NOW President Obama is looking forward to restoring financial support to the UN Population Fund. The latest is the scariest so far, when you consider that there are actually countries that exist in this world where women are FORCED to not only abort but to have contraceptive devices inserted against their will in order to control population growth... all funded through the "UN Population Fund".... again, our tax dollars at work...

God help us... I'm 43 years old and my child bearing years are coming to a close... but what about my daughters? What about YOUR daughters?... What is the future of their families?... What happens when they are not only told that they can have no more than one or two children but when they can have them? what happens when contraception gets SO out of hand (I know... like it hasn't already...) that infertility is the norm?... The inventor of The Pill is regretful now, when will the rest of the world wake up? We have to be willing to do what we can NOW giving EVERYTHING we can in order to make a safer world for their future.... It's just not about us anymore...

No comments: