Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Own "Idol" Chat...

Chikezie, Carly Smithson, David Cook and Brooke White. They were my favorites on American idol tonight... I've liked Chikezie from the start. I think he has a great voice with the right song. Simon hasn't been too big of a fan, but he did it tonight! Carly has been a favorite pick of the judges from the beginning, they have been expecting big things from her and really building her up. Tonight was the first time that I really liked her. She did a great job. And I have to agree with Paula, that David Cook is the sort of "dark horse" of the competition. I really didn't like him. He was one that I wasn't really sure why he was able to stay in the competition... but the last two weeks have really impressed me. And I think that Brooke White is adorable! She just has this pure and glowing innocence about her, and I thought she did a great job tonight.

That said, my Idol favorite, David Archuleta just didn't get it tonight... I guess we all have our good days and bad, and this just wasn't it for David. He wasn't the worse, though. I'll have to go with the judges with Kristy Lee Cook... I like the girl, but her song rendition was NOT good... Unfortunately, I think I'd have to say she did the worst of the night...

Even so, there is still a lot of talent competing and I have to give these kids a hand for all the time and effort that they give to the show... Watching the results show is always painful, because you know that SOMEONE is about to have their heart crushed... God Bless 'em!

No comments: