Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Vows...


Tomorrow's the BIG day... I can't believe that it's already been three years since my niece chose to leave UCLA her junior year to answer God's call to be His bride... wow...

My six year old daughter reminds me of her in so many ways... mostly her outgoing personality... She easily captures the attention of any room she enters... But tomorrow, Alicia, MY "Weesh", now known as Sr. Catherine Marie, will join 13 of her fellow Sisters to make their First Vows before God and families and receive the black veil. August 6, the Feast of the Transfiguration (how COOL is THAT?!) the biggest group to make First Vows since the Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist first started in Ann Arbor eleven years ago, with only 4 Sisters. The group, counting all Postulants, Novices, Temporary and Final Professed, now number 75, and growing, expecting another large number of women to join them in the next few weeks. The average age of the Sisters is 28...

Wishing so much I could be there to see this momentous and beautiful event, I will be there in spirit. And I know that Sr. Catherine Marie and her sisters will continue to lift us all in prayer. In the mean time, I'll be waiting anxiously to see pictures from her mom, who left today with her other daughter and husband to go to the ceremony, and then Sr. CM will be coming home for a visit (the first in two years!) in a couple of weeks. Be sure I'll be filling you all in!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi! I found your blog when I was looking for the Sisters of Mary logo for my own blog post. :) I was at the profession and it was so beautiful! When the sisters came out of the sacristy with their veils, they truly looked like brides who had just pledged their love to their bridegroom. God bless you, Sr. Maria Catherine and your family!

Andrea said...

I mean Sr. Catherine Marie! :)

Lee said...

Oh! And THANK YOU!! I am jealous, I so wish I could have been there!! I can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks!... Did you know one of the sister's as well?... God Bless!

WI Catholic said...

I am finally caught up here... Love those pictures of the Novice... then the newest of the newly professed Sisters!

Sigh... it really doesn't seem that long since she left, to me...