Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Obama-vs-McCain at Saddleback


I watched the debate the other night... well, okay, in all honesty, I have a hard time listening to Obama... I just don't trust anything that comes out of that man's mouth and i just get irritated and end up turning it off... But i did watch McCain, for the most part and I thought he did very well. Granted, I have a hard time trusting ANY politician, ESPECIALLY when they are running for the most powerful office in the world... But I DID notice, when asked about when he believed a child had rights he didn't even hesitate to say "at the moment of conception". Good for you, John. Good answer. : ) When I read what Barak had answered to the same question, I could have choked at the flip-floppy answer... "theological.." "scientific..." "above my pay grade..." wha?... huh?!... What the heck is he talking about?
At this point, I don't know that McCain is the "best" candidate for the job, but I know that Obama ISN'T who I want in office. The man is a lot of talk that says, really, nothing... He is a dynamic/charismatic speaker and that is what scares me... He draws people in who really aren't "listening" to what he's saying, they are just cheering in the name of "change" like he's going to burst on to the scene and just save the day... I don't think so, Tim... He's young, cocky and thinks WAY more of himself than he needs to and just doesn't really have any experience... He is too much of a "I can make everybody happy" talker, that wants to say whatever it is he thinks people want to hear and avoid giving straight answers... Of the two (and I believe, as history has shown... there is either going to be a Democrat or a Republican in office, so voting otherwise, unfortunately, no matter HOW much more you agree with another party, is really just giving your vote to someone you really DON'T want in office...) I feel that I am pretty much forced to go with the lesser of two evils, or the one that shares more of my beliefs, morals and standards.

I know that the anti-life league is getting desperate and they are out in droves to squash out the voices for the smallest and the weakest. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness can not happen for ANYONE without the most basic gift of life... young or old... So we must do what we can now to protect THAT most basic gift as well as we can, given the circumstances... It's not going to be an easy election, that's for sure... God have MERCY on us all...

No comments: